9/26/2008

Pork Chops & Pears


I don't even remember where I got this recipe, but I have been making it a long time. I remember I replaced sweet potatoes with the pears. It was a good switch. Oh my goodness. My, my, my.

1/4 c. butter
2-4 pork loin chops
1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can or bottle pear halves, with juice

Rinse chops and pat dry with paper towel. Place flour, salt and pepper in a gallon size ziploc bag and shake gently to mix. Drop in pork chops and shake gently to coat . Set bag with chops aside. Melt butter in large skillet. Add 2 T. pear juice and swish. Turn heat to MED HI and place chops in butter. Brown chops for 1 1/2 minutes each side. Gently arrange pears around chops and pour remaining juice over all. Cover with lid and cook over MED heat for 30 minutes. Serve with baked or mashed potatoes, and green vegetable. Serves 2-4.

No comments: